Reg Williams is an accomplished Certified Practising Accountant with a penchant for the field of auditing. A 1988 graduate of The University of Queensland, he holds a Bachelor of Commerce degree complemented by a multitude of credentials. Among his many academic and practical achievements was his establishment of the highly notable auditing firm – Williams Partners Independent Audit Specialists in October 2000. Reg was also named the inaugural Young Queensland CPA of the year in 1995.
His early years were spent in Brisbane at a second-tier chartered accounting firm where he discovered his passion for and received invaluable experience in the field of auditing.
Then the new millennia brought Reg to the Gold Coast where he consults to the authorised audit company WPIAS Pty Ltd where his role is primarily that of business development.
Reg Williams’ experience as an auditor includes:
- Audit of listed and unlisted companies, proprietary companies both large and small and foreign companies.
- Complex accounting issues including the interpretation of the Australian equivalents to the International Financial Reporting Standards and consolidated group structures.
- Former Member of CPA Australia’s National Board Quality Review Committee (holding the audit and forensic services portfolios).
- Accreditation with RABQSA (the joint personnel certification activities between the United States of America-based Registrar Accreditation Board and Australia-based Quality Society of Australasia), to audit environmental management systems.
- Registered Company Auditor
- Registered SMSF Auditor
- Approved assurance provider under the Department of Climate Change’s EITE Scheme.
- Registered Contract Auditor with the Queensland Audit Office since 2006.
- Registered Greenhouse and Energy Auditor (Category 2)
Reg Williams is an asset to the Gold Coast Community not just for his professional contributions but also for his love of family. When his workday is done, Reg looks forward to spending quality time with his lovely wife and two energetic boys. Together they share a love of sports which will find them either in the stadium watching a rugby league game or the great outdoors cycling, fishing or camping (even if that means pitching a tent in their own backyard).
Reg and his dedicated crew support a long list of local charities including Surfers Paradise Demons, Rugby Gold Coast, Gold Coast Titans Community Foundation, Hope Foundation and Bravehearts. And, If these activities arenot enough to fill a day, Reg also finds time to mentor year 11 students at a leading Gold Coast college during ABW (Australian Business Week).